Enrichment Mini Course Resources (ECMP 211)
This page contains links to materials related to the mini course
- Monday, May 3
Finite State Machines -- Pirate game
Tutorial 2: Maze - Download the zip file and open it to your USB drive; there should be a pdf with instructions inside.
- Tuesday, May 4th
More tutorials from yoyogames.com
Turing Test activity
Brainstorming session for creating your own games.
- Wednesday, May 5th
- Start your own games!
Some potentially useful tutorials are below. You don't need to do these unless you think they'd be useful for your game.
- Big Game Hunter -- rotations while moving and shooting
- Other YoYo Games tutorials -- including a platformer tutorial for those of you who want to know how to jump and land on things.
- The Game Maker's Apprentice -- we have a copy of this book, which has other image/sound files on CD and other ideas if you want to borrow it.
- The Game Maker Wiki -- includes an RPG Guide and other tutorials
- This Tower Defense tutorial may be a good introduction to scripting as well.
- Video tutorials
- Open clip art -- free clip art for backgrounds, sprites, etc.
- Creative commons content may be useful for your games. Consider taking a look at the photos, music and other content that may be free to use. (Try the Canadian creative commons search engine for more!)
- Sound files from video games for more inspiration.