The talks at WADS will take place in the Aurora and Prarie rooms at the Lister Conference Centre located at the University of Alberta.
- Campus Map
- Information for Parking. Nearby lots that are always available are Stadium Carpark or Education Carpark.
- Eduroam is available on campus. A guest network is also available on campus to all visitors, no login required.
Getting to the University from YEG airport
- Taking a Taxi from YEG will cost about $55 before tip.
- Uber frequently has vehicles ready to pick up from the airport, but this is not a guarantee.
- Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) operates a $5 bus that drives between the airport and our southmost LRT station (Century Park). See here for more information on this route. The LRT can then be taken from Centry Part to either the Health Sciences Station or the University Station for an additional $3.50. See the ETS page for more information on transit in Edmonton.
- For further options including an airport shuttle, visit this page.
WADS 2019 and CCCG 2019 have an agreement with both a dorm on campus and a nearby hotel. All rates are in CAD. Note, if you are also staying for CCCG then both the dorm and the hotel require you to make two separate bookings if you are booking online or by sending in a form. Visit ualberta.ca/~cccg2019 for that information when it becomes available.
- Campus Towers Hotel
Individual call-in reservations can be made directly through the Hotel, through the toll free reservations telephone line +1-800-709-1824, the hotel direct at +1-780-439-6060. Indicate the group code ACT-GFC3191 or meeting name by quoting “Algorithms and Data Structures Symposium (WADS)”. Alternatively, you may use the following link http://coa.st/euy2.
All reservations should be made before July 8th, 2019 to ensure availability. Rates start at $159.00 per night for one bedroom suites and two bedroom suites are also available.
- Lister Residence Services
The conference centre itself has single-occupancy dorm rooms and a limited number of private rooms. The building is adjoined to the conference centre.
You can reserve one of these rooms by filling out this form and either emailing it to email@example.com or faxing it to +1-780-492-5597. Alternatively, you may call the front desk at +1-780-492-6056 and identify the group name of WADS 2019.
All reservations should be made before July 4th, 2019 to ensure availability. Rates are $75 per night for a single-occupancy dorm and $109 per night for a private room.
A simple map of nearby restaurants is here. Another great nearby suggestion that is not on the map is Leva cafe: 11053 86 Avenue Northwest.
You can also register for Canadian Conf. on Computational Geometry (CCCG), which takes place August 8-10 at the same location as WADS!.
Early registration fees are due by July 8. Late registration fees apply to registrations made after July 8. All prices are in CAD.